What Paperwork Do I Need to Sell My Car?

What Paperwork Do I Need to Sell My Car?

To sell your registered vehicle in most Australian states, it is good to have a safety certificate or a certificate of roadworthiness. In Australian Capital Territory, Queensland and Victoria, it is obligatory to have a certificate of safety for selling a car. Do you want to sell your car and are unaware of documents or paperwork needed to do so? Here are all the documents you need to sell your car in any part of Australia.

1. Registration – Proof of Ownership

A registration certificate is the proof of ownership. It is a documentary proof that you are the owner of the car you’re selling. You need to photocopy the latest registration certificate of your car. You can get a few photocopies because you may lose a copy. You also need to prove that you are who you say you are i-e the owner of the car. You will need to provide your driver’s license or any other identification such as Photo ID or passport. Generally, if someone is selling your vehicle on  your behalf, they would need to provide the copies of your license as well.

2. Transfer of Ownership Form

In the modern days, vehicle ownership is transferred online. However, there are still reasons why you need to prefer a hard-copy of notice of disposal. You can pick up forms from the state registration authority’s local office or download the form online.  As a seller, it is incumbent on you to make sure that the registration authority is aware of your selling of the vehicle or you are no more the owner of that particular vehicle. Make sure to obtain the contact details of the new buyer because you will need them for filling in the notice of disposal. Also, check the driving license of the buyer to see if it is valid. With this information, you can then inform the authority that the car is handed over to the new owner on the same day.

3. A Notice of Disposal

If you have disposed of or sold your registered car, you need to let the authorities know as soon as possible. This is mandatory. If you don’t do so, you might be held responsible for the new owner’s diving offenses. You need to submit a notice of disposal whether online. Also, make sure to submit it within the 14 day period of transfer so that the new owner can transfer the vehicle to his name without incurring the late charges.

Cashforcarcanberra.com.au – The Best Platform to Sell Your Car

Want to sell your car? Cashforcarcaberra.com.au is your ultimate destination for selling your car quickly. No matter if you have an old car, a junk car or a scrap car, they will buy it. They offer the most competitive rates for your car, so expect a top dollar even for your junk cars. Also, they don’t demand great paperwork and save you from this hassle of documentation! Sell your car to them!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.